6+ years of relevant experience in back-end/full-stack development, platform development, and application architecture ||
· Expert knowledge of Python ||
· A deep understanding and multi-process and microservices architecture ||
· Solid experience with integrating complex REST APIs, HTTP requests, XML, and JSON data formats ||
· Thorough understanding of the responsibilities of the platform, database, API, caching layer, proxies, and other web services used in the system ||
· Understanding of NoSQL databases, MongoDB preferred ||
· Understanding of RDBMS ||
· Experience with in-memory data store, Redis preferred ||
Role – Back-End Senior Software Engineer
The Back-End Senior Software Engineer will lead and serve as part of a team supporting established projects and creating products from the ground up.
Work you’ll do
The incumbent is a team player who is passionate about learning and applying their technical skills and experiences to solve real-world problems.
In addition to working with/on multiple teams, you will have an opportunity to mentor developers by reviewing and providing feedback on development techniques to maintain and improve code quality. This also requires staying up to date with industry innovations, coding conventions and optimization techniques.
You will have an opportunity to influence and contribute to the full suite of Deloitte products by adapting and expanding existing infrastructure and architecture to meet product owner demands.
In this fast-paced environment, you will be designing, coding and implementing an enterprise system, including integration with 3rd party tools, business process management and various interfaces to internal systems.
You should feel comfortable reviewing feature and defect requests through the issue tracker system to include identifying resolution estimates, providing solution details and ticket assignment.
The Tech Center accelerates Advisory’s marketplace technology capabilities by providing foundational technology services, cutting-edge research and innovation support, and guidance and expertise to market-facing teams.
· 6+ years of relevant experience in back-end/full-stack development, platform development, and application architecture
· Expert knowledge of Python
· A deep understanding and multi-process and microservices architecture
· Solid experience with integrating complex REST APIs, HTTP requests, XML, and JSON data formats
· Thorough understanding of the responsibilities of the platform, database, API, caching layer, proxies, and other web services used in the system
· Understanding of NoSQL databases, MongoDB preferred
· Understanding of RDBMS
· Experience with in-memory data store, Redis preferred
· Experience with Python web server / web framework, Sanic preferred
· Experience with Kubernetes, Docker, and/or cloud deployment technologies
· Experience with package managers, bundlers and task runners (e.g., npm, Node.js, Webpack, Jasmine)
· Proficient with version control systems, issue trackers and documentation tools (e.g., Git, Bitbucket, Jira, Confluence).
· Good knowledge and practical experience of client-side build/config management
· Critical thinker with strong problem-solving skills.
· Proven experience with application of design patterns in front-end development
· Experience with peer reviewing of source code, code refactoring for performance improvements
· Ability to adapt quickly to shifts in priorities and objectives
· Excellent communication skills
· Self-driven, excellent self-organization skills with proven ability to work independently for achieving development objectives.
· Experience in working in an Agile scrum team
· Proficient in troubleshooting, diagnosing and solve problems through browser-based developer tools.
Good to Have:
· Familiarity with Jenkins, Apache framework such as AirFlow, Kafka etc., AWS services, and Nginx a plus.
Finding the right job and preparing for the recruitment process can be tricky. Check out tips from our Deloitte recruiting professionals to set yourself up for success. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.
We believe that to be an undisputed leader in professional services, we should equip you with the resources that can make a positive impact on your well-being journey. Our vision is to create a leadership culture focused on the development and well-being of our people. Here are some of our benefits and programs to support you and your family’s well-being needs. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our people and culture
Our people and our culture make Deloitte a place where leaders thrive. Get an inside look at the rich diversity of background, education, and experiences of our people. What impact will you make? Be inspired by the stories of our people.
You want to make an impact. And we want you to make it. We can help you do that by providing you the culture, training, resources, and opportunities to help you grow and succeed as a professional. Learn more about our commitment to developing our people.