- Eligibility : 1- 4 years of relevant industry experience
- Job Location : Delhi, India||
- Batch: 2019, 2020||
- Salary : As per industry standards||
- About company : How is it that in a world that’s evolving so quickly that social products still feel the same? Strangely enough, we’re still using products that were invented in the 2G era. There seems to be an emptiness with the current experience and today’s products are built to force humanity to be superficial. We’d like to change that. With the advancements in technology, so much more is possible today that wasn’t even possible, just a few years ago. We believe the timing couldn’t be better.
A NEW SOCIAL FUTURE 🧑🤝
How is it that in a world that’s evolving so quickly that social products still feel the same? Strangely enough, we’re still using products that were invented in the 2G era. There seems to be an emptiness with the current experience and today’s products are built to force humanity to be superficial. We’d like to change that. With the advancements in technology, so much more is possible today that wasn’t even possible, just a few years ago. We believe the timing couldn’t be better.
5 PRINCIPLES 💭
We’re thoughtful about why we do things and here are 5 principles guiding our thinking:
- Advancements in Tech & AI: Allowing more bits to be pushed to users in real-time and thus allowing far richer, more personalised experiences.
- User’s Comfortable Online: 50% of people’s waking lives are spent on smartphones in emerging countries.
- Vertical Communities: We don’t live our lives in one massive community. We’re specific in the activities we engage in (art, gaming, fitness etc).
- New Business Models: Putting customers at the center. These won’t be ad-driven in the traditional sense. Think micro-transactions, subscriptions, and more.
- Consumers as Owners: It’s a bit strange that consumers aren’t part of the value chain. Turning customers into owners is a fascinating thought.
BUILD MAGICAL THINGS 💖
It’s so clear to us that technology evolves but people stay the same. We’re solving for a core human need – social connection and with all the evolution in technology, today we can solve for that in brand new ways.
At our core, we’re a creative company. Ideas and pixels is where we live and we love building magical products that make our users feel ‘wow’ inside. It’s not just about features, it’s also about how they make people feel. We build at the intersection of the scientific and the romantic.
And it all starts with people, the right team that cares deeply about our mission, values and our users. At hike, you’ll have the chance to do the best work of your life.
THE HIKE CODE
We’re on a journey to build something new, something different, and making anything innovative & new requires the ability to surrender to the unknown. The Hike Code is our value system. It is our guide to navigate through the unknown to build incredible products.
- Top Talent in Every Role: We look for people with an incredible intellect. Both skills and values are important to us.
- Pro-Sports Team: Strengths based, results-driven with a “team-first” attitude
- Customer at the Centre: Everything we do is inspired by how we can better solve for our customer.
- Constant Innovation: It’s our DNA to walk into the unknown in search of having a meaningful impact.
- Act Like Owners: We own the output of what we do, even if it’s explicitly not our job.
- Thoughtful Decision Making: Clear Mind + Obsession to Simplify + Data-Driven. We strive to be thoughtful.
- Bias for Action: We understand that success is not one big leap but tiny gains compounding over time #ABH.
- Be Open-Minded & Coachable: We have a quest to continuously #RiseUp to be the best version of ourselves.
ROLE & REQUIREMENTS 🎎
If you’ve made it till here, then you’re probably interested in the role 🙂
- You will be responsible for the entire game Quality Assurance pipeline
- You will be responsible for finding and reporting bugs and glitches
- You should have a keen eye for detail and excellent communication skills
- You will be ultimately responsible for the quality and depth of test plans, which includes creation, reviews and execution.
- You should be competent in executing test cases and passionate about quality
- You will ensure that our products, applications and systems work correctly
- Be part of spec grooming sessions and write detailed test cases and get buy in from product managers
- Bridge the gap between 3rd Party Developers and internal team members to ensure deliverables are happening as expected
- Create, monitor and control QA processes to ensure on time delivery between multiple external and internal stakeholders
SOUND LIKE YOU? 🙌🙋
We’re looking for someone dynamic and you’ll need to have the below in generous quantities to succeed in this role.
- 1- 4 years of relevant industry experience
- Worked on Mobile Game/Software testing. (Android/iOS)
- Knowledge of Application Testing Methodology and QA Processes.
- Understanding of software QA and games development practices and terminology
- Thorough understanding of iOS and Android devices including SDKs.
- Expertise in the design and execution of the Test cases and reporting defects
- Excellent troubleshooting/debugging skills. Client side and server side error logs
- Good knowledge of Api testing, and Database testing
- Should be Self driven
- Good Documentation Skill and excellent writing communication skills
- Experience with defect tracking tools (Jira preferably)
- Good to have experience – New Age Project management tools like Asana. Must have knowledge of Jira & Confluence
- Open to remote talent
- A flat and transparent culture
- Support for setting up Home Office
- Tools of the trade – MacBook, Latest Softwares
- Monthly Communication Reimbursement
- Best learning and development opportunities
- A chance to have a big impact in hypergrowth setup
Apply Now : https://apply.workable.com/hike/j/A4687B52CF/