- C++ programming experience. ||
- Object Oriented Understanding (OO Design proficiency is a plus). ||
- Must be highly technical and adaptable. ||
- Good Communication and a teamwork attitude are essential. ||
- Experience in reverse engineering the logic of existing code (using comments, function/variable names, etc.). ||
- Python programming and/or QT GUI experience is a plus. ||
- Math proficiency (especially vector math) is a plus. ||
Software Development Engineer
Do you like a challenge, are you a complex thinker who likes to solve problems? If so, then you might be the new Altairian we are searching for. At Altair, your curiosity matters. We pride ourselves on a business culture that enables open, creative thinking, and we deeply value our employees and their contributions towards our clients’ success, as well as our own.
- To implement key HyperWorks/HyperMesh software updates relating to assembly and connector technology.
- This will require regular interactions with an international team of experts.
- Most initiatives will require coding in object-oriented C++, and many tasks will relate to the graphical user experience.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Code creative refined solutions (usually in C++, but sometimes in scripting languages).
- Implement, maintain, and enhance software related to our HyperWorks products.
- Make any new software solution work as part of a larger system.
- Have regular international meetings (via netmeetings) with co-workers around the world.
- Work with internal engineers to understand customer requirements to be implemented, and work with other software developers on common areas of code.
- Communicate any questions and progress reports to the appropriate parties/managers.
- Keep code organized (in source control software), and clean (with an appropriate coding style).
- Please maintain a high level of professional integrity, and please always be on the lookout for improvements we can make to any software and/or our procedures. We always welcome fresh ideas!
Minimum Skills Needed
- C++ programming experience.
- Object Oriented Understanding (OO Design proficiency is a plus).
- Must be highly technical and adaptable.
- Good Communication and a teamwork attitude are essential.
- Experience in reverse engineering the logic of existing code (using comments, function/variable names, etc.).
- Python programming and/or QT GUI experience is a plus.
- Math proficiency (especially vector math) is a plus.
How You Will Be Successful:
- Envision the Future
- Communicate Honestly and Broadly
- Seek Technology and Business “Firsts”
- Embrace Diversity and Take Risks
Why Work with Us:
Altair is a global technology company that provides software and cloud solutions in the areas of data analytics, product development, and high-performance computing (HPC). Altair enables organizations in nearly every industry to compete more effectively in a connected world, while creating a more sustainable future. With more than 3,000 engineers, scientists and creative thinkers in 25 countries, we help solve our customer’s toughest challenges and deliver unparalleled service, helping the innovators innovate, drive better decisions, and turn today’s problems into tomorrow’s opportunities.