- Eligibility : MS/BS in CS/EE
- Job Description: Member of Technical Staff – C, Networking (L2 to L7), DS/Algo ||
- Job Location : Bengaluru, India||
- Batch: 2020, 2021||
- Experience : No full time Experience required ||
- Salary : As per market standards||
- About Job: VMware is a global leader in cloud infrastructure and business mobility. VMware accelerates customers’ digital transformation journey by enabling enterprises to master a software-defined approach to business and IT.
VMware is a global leader in cloud infrastructure and business mobility. VMware accelerates customers’ digital transformation journey by enabling enterprises to master a software-defined approach to business and IT. With VMware solutions, organizations are building extraordinary experiences by mobilizing everything, responding faster to opportunities with modern data and apps hosted across hybrid clouds, and safeguarding customer trust with a defence-in-depth approach to cybersecurity.
At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Do you dare to do the stuff you’ve always dreamed about? Dare to explore at http://careers.vmware.com.
VMware offers cutting-edge cloud infrastructure and security services to companies of all shapes and sizes. Our world is all about technology, and that world is growing because the imagination, ingenuity and talent of our teams knows no bounds. We believe that creativity sparks innovation and inspires our employees to think of VMware differently and change the world around them.
About Avi Networks
The Avi Networks team was the fastest growing start-up in the application delivery/load balancing space which was acquired by VMware in July 2019. We have an SDN like architecture solving problems like ease of use, orchestration, automation and analytics for our customers. We are now the NSX advanced load balancer team within NSBU.
The Avi Vantage Platform is deployed across data centres and clouds, delivering better elasticity, intelligence, and cost savings by providing granular per-tenant and per-app services. Avi’s customers include 20% of Fortune 50 companies. Customers enjoy 5X faster application rollouts, actionable analytics and 70% lower cost.
Our team works on delivering the feature-rich application stack that forms the core of Avi’s Advanced Load Balancer. A wide ranging set of highly performant loadbalancing and application security features like SAML, FIPS, Caching, Compression, Application Persistence, Application Protocols like HTTP/2, QUIC, gRPC are just some of the features tackled by us.
We have a proven culture of being goal-oriented and delivering timely results. But we don’t forget to have fun while doing all this. We are a diverse and fun team with a wide range of experiences.
Job Role and Responsibility
- Architect, Design, and Develop network services platform for the cloud.
- Build high performance, multi-threaded, non blocking software for Layer 7 Proxy, Web Application Firewall (WAF), Service Mesh Proxy.
- MS/BS in CS/EE
- 0-2 years of experience.
- Experience with Networking/operating systems/hypervisors/containers
- Distributed systems, Multi-threaded programming, network programming
- C/C++, exposure to at-least 1 scripting language
- Good software development practices: should thrive in an environment of rapid development, peer code reviews, and writing good functional/unit tests
- Network Services – Load-Balancers, Security, Proxies
- SSL encryption/decryption, Public Key Cryptography
- HTTP, TCP/UDP/IP, WebSockets experience
- Host, Network, and Application Security
- High performance XML parsers and compilers, schema validation
- Experience building Distributed systems
- Knowledge of Application-level Protocols like gRPC, WebSockets, HTTP/2, Quic, et.al
- Knowledge of Authentication protocols like SAML, OAuth, etc
Here is why customers love Avi!
“Without Avi I don’t think the platform would have launched or been as successful, quickly, as it has been because it’s basically fast tracking that ability to get into production,” Crawford of Deutsche Bank
“Due to Avi’s granular multi-tenancy, RBAC and user-friendly interface we can now provide access to this important infrastructure component for the vast majority of our support staff. This greatly reduces the time needed for customer issues to get fixed and get changes applied.”
Stefan De Kooter, Network Engineer, Proxsys
“Appliance-based products weren’t meeting our needs, and as we evaluated alternatives, web application firewalling was our number-one consideration. We were pleasantly surprised by Avi iWAF’s simple deployment, impressive ease-of-use, and intelligent security analytics, as well as the responsiveness of the Avi team.” Joris Vuffray, Head of Network and System Mgmt,
“We evaluated traditional and open source load balancers but they didn’t meet our agility, flexibility, and performance expectations. They did not provide a model that was operationally viable. We wanted to provide the same dev/test environment capabilities to the development teams even in a production environment. Avi met all of these capabilities and added analytics on top!” Nate Baechtold, IT Architect, EBSCO Information Services.
Category : Engineering and Technology
Subcategory: Software Engineering
Experience: Entry Level
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-11-12